Connecting Phone to Name Badge Printer
Updated: Apr 25
If this is the first time you are connecting to the name badge printer, you're in the right place. If you're having trouble reconnecting to the name badge printer See Name Badge Printer Troubleshooting.
When your school administrator creates an event in Circool, they have an option to require printed name badges for each guest when school staff scan them into the event.
School staff that are responsible for scanning guests into an event will use their mobile devices (phone, tablet, etc.) to connect to a name badge printer. Circool will then print out the name badges automatically as you scan guests in.
Download the Centid App from the store.
Open up Google Play store or Apple App store.
Search for and install "Centid". The Centid app sits behind the scenes, but is necessary to communicate with the name badge printer.
Connecting your mobile device to the Name Badge Printer
1. Connect your mobile device to the school's wireless internet. If there are multiple wireless internet options, you might need to check with your system administrator. Or perhaps look on the physical Zebra printer to see if there is a label showing the internet connection information.
2. Login to Circool just prior to an event starting.
3. Click on the event that is starting.
4. Click Event Code Scanner
You may receive a message to allow Circool to use your camera. Select "Allow".
5. Scan your first guests ticket.
6. Click Print Label & Scan Next button. You will see CentID appear with the screen like below. This is normal for the initial set up.
5. Click Printers (bottom left)
6. Click Search. You will see one or a few "Available Printers" listed. Look to see if there is a label on the physical name badge printer near you that matches to one in the Available Printers list. If so, simply click to select it.
Hint: Although you might see several printers listed, only select Zebra or Circool printers.
7. Name Badge will print. Once connected, Circool will process and print the last name badge. You'll then be returned to Circool.
8. Good to go! Your name badges should now print quickly as you scan your guests.
Circool will store this process for your next event so you should not have to repeat this process. There are times that a different name badge printer will be available for different events, but simply follow this instruction again.
See also Name Badge Printer Troubleshooting.